OUR PROGRAM OFFERS:
- Free tobacco cessation counseling and free nicotine patches, lozenges and gum
- Paid opportunities to participate in tobacco cessation research studies using smartphone apps, prescription medications, or financial incentives
TO BE ELIGIBLE, YOU MUST:
- At least 18 years of age
- Use tobacco or other nicotine product
- Be interested in quitting tobacco or other nicotine products
To sign up:
Call: (405) 271-QUIT (7848)
If you are a provider referring a patient/client please click on the refer a patient button. If you are referring yourself, please click on the refer yourself button.
Visit this link to take a short survey.
Refer a Patient Refer Yourself
Located on the OU Health Sciences Center Campus:
755 Research Parkway, Suite 150
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Tobacco Treatment Research Program | IRB # 6951 Darla Kendzor, PhD, Principal Investigator
The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center is an equal opportunity institution.
BENEFITS OF QUITTING
Quitting tobacco benefits your health within minutes, and the positive effects keep coming...
- 20 MINUTES after you quit smoking | Your blood pressure drops to a level close to before the last cigarette, and the temperature of your hands and feet increases to normal.
- 8 HOURS after you quit smoking | The level of carbon monoxide in your blood drops to normal.
- 24 HOURS after you quit smoking | Your chance of a heart attack decreases.
- 2 WEEKS TO 3 MONTHS after you quit smoking | Your circulation improves and your lung function increases 30%.
- 1 TO 9 MONTHS after you quit smoking | Coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, and shortness of breath decrease.
- 1 YEAR after you quit smoking | Your excess risk of coronary heart disease is reduced to half that of a smoker’s.